This pasta dish is a tomato-based sauce with vegan sausages and your favourite pasta. It is the ultimate comfort food – a delicious and easy vegan dinner.
I love to use gluten-free rigatoni for the pasta, the sauce fills the middle of the pasta and creates the perfect mouthful of pasta and sauce.
Even speaking about pasta, makes my mouth water.
Its everything you want in a vegan and gluten-free pasta bake:
- Protein from vegan sausages
- Perfect for everyone in the family
- Easy to make
What more can you ask for in a pasta bake?
Vegan tomato pasta bake
Pasta is the perfect midweek dinner, it doesn’t take long to pull together a delicious pasta dish. But our vegan sausage pasta bake is such an easy dish and it is guaranteed to be a crowd-pleaser.
I like to serve mine with gluten-free garlic bread but it is super tasty as it is.
If you enjoyed this vegan sausage pasta bake then let us know and show us your creation! You can tag us on Instagram @LiberEatApp or share your creation with us on Facebook.
Please use the #LiberEat hashtag to make sure we see and share with our community of keen bakers and cooks.
Vegan sausage pasta bake
I like to add vegan sausages to our pasta recipe for added flavour and protein. It also makes the meal go further if you are cooking for your family or a group of friends.
You can add another vegan protein if you like such as vegan mince or plant-based chicken. This recipe is so versatile that you can add anything you have in your house including vegetables or vegan protein.
It is guaranteed to make a wholesome pasta dish no matter the ingredients you add.
Vegan sausage options
In terms of vegan sausages, I have a few favourites listed below:
- Richmond Meat-Free Sausages
- Linda McCartney’s Vegetarian Sausages
- Heck Plant-Based Sausages – Vegan & Gluten-Free
All of these work a treat mixed with the creamy tomato-based sauce and pasta. This dish certainly does not lack flavour or excitement.
Healthy vegan pasta bake
Our sausage pasta bake is the perfect weeknight or weekend dinner that fills you up, is low in calories and of course vegan and gluten-free.
If you want to make this beforehand, then I would suggest popping it in the fridge before the baking stage and then when you are ready to eat, bake then as directed.
This will keep for 2-3 days in the fridge.
For the vegan cheese, I like to use Sheese Mozzarella, it melts really well on top of the pasta bake to get that cheese pull that we all love. It’s a cheese that also works really well on garlic bread or pizza.
Vegan Creamy Tomato Pasta Bake Recipe
- 500 g gluten-free pasta I like Rigatoni or Fusilli
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 red onion
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tsp dried italian herbs
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 vegan sausages
- 50 g violife grated mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Cook the vegan sausages according to pack instructions.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan on medium heat. Saute the onions for a couple of minutes then add the garlic and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes or so until the peppers and onions are soft.
- Add tomatoes, chilli flakes, Italian herbs, nutritional yeast, balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and leave for 10-15 minutes until it has thickened slightly.
- Cook pasta in a pan of boiling water until al dente.
- Chop the sausages into small chunks and add to the sauce.
- Drain the pasta water and add the cooked pasta to the sauce.
- Mix together and add to a large oven-safe casserole dish. Add vegan mozzarella on top and place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, serve with garlic bread and enjoy!
Some of our other vegan/gluten-free recipes:
Know someone who would like this?
Share it with the links below
LiberEat’s allergen and error detection technology provides an allergen safety blanket for food businesses to ensure that consumers are safe and healthy when eating at your restaurant or consuming your food products.
LiberEat offers a second line of defense for food businesses by detecting errors, allergens, and other harmful ingredients. Food businesses can apply this technology directly to identify errors in allergen communications, preventing the risk of injury. Get in touch with us today to learn more about our Allergen Detection Technology.