Gluten-Free and Vegan Cauliflower Cheese UK
Introducing… THE BEST Vegan and Gluten-Free Cauliflower cheese recipe! Yes, I said the BEST! Now please try it out for yourself! If you love this as much as we do, then please tag LiberEat in your social media posts!
The flavour is so cheesy, rich, and incredibly easy to make without any dairy or cheese! You will have everyone fooled by this vegan-friendly recipe.
I would recommend serving this straight out of the oven.
You might not be able to resist digging in right away because the smell is dangerously good. If you manage to wait you can heat any leftovers in the oven or even in the air fryer.
You might not feel like sharing this one with family and friends, and that’s OK too!
The Best Gluten-Free and Vegan Cauliflower Cheese Sauce
You can use this vegan cheese sauce for other recipes. Such as our vegan macaroni and cheese (keep reading for our cauliflower spin on this). Or over nachos or just as a yummy gooey dairy-free cheesy dip.
If you try our favourite vegan and gluten-free cauliflower cheese recipe let us know!
Leave a comment telling us how much you enjoyed, or tag us on Instagram, use #LiberEat to show us your creation!
The best cauliflower cheese recipe
So, if you are ready to impress your friends and family with the perfect and most delicious side dish. Whether it is for Christmas, a roast dinner, or just as a celebration of cauliflower on its own.
Let’s get on with the recipe!
The best vegan and gluten-free cauliflower cheese recipe
- 1 cauliflower head around 500g
- 40 g cashews
- 200 ml plant-based milk unsweetened almond milk
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast or parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C
- Slice the cauliflower head into large florets.
- Add the cauliflower into a large pan and boil for 5 minutes until they have softened a little.
- In a separate pan, add the cashews to boiling water for 5 minutes and then drain. Add to a blender along with the milk, oil, nutritional yeast, mustard and salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Drain the cauliflower and place into a baking dish, pour over the creamy cheesy sauce and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden.
If you thought that was amazing, you might like our hack to turn this into a Vegan and Gluten-free Cauliflower Mac and Cheese! Yes, you heard us right.
The best vegan and gluten-free cauliflower Mac & Cheese recipe
- 150 g Gluten-Free macaroni We used Morrisons ‘Free From’ Macaroni Pasta, as it’s gluten-free and vegan
- 1 pinch salt for the pasta
- 50 g vegan cheese we used Morrisons V Taste Red Leicester, a coconut oil alternative to Red Leicester
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Follow all of the instructions above for our delicious cauliflower cheese but before step 4, pop your macaroni in a pan of hot salted water and cook 4 minutes less than the packet instructions.
- When the cauliflower cheese has been in the oven for 10 minutes. Mix in the cooked macaroni with two tablespoons of pasta water. This helps to loosen up the sauce a little and to cover the macaroni.
- Top with the grated vegan cheese and a sprinkling of nutritional yeast.
- Bake until the cheese is golden on top with a little ‘crunch’ from the nutritional yeast.
Enjoy! This one is a total game changer!
If you enjoyed this Vegan & Gluten-Free Cauliflower cheese recipe or our version of Mac & Cheese, you might enjoy more LiberEat recipes including recipes from The Vegan Society Trademark & lots of other amazing creators! More than 400+ recipes to choose from to satisfy all your cravings!