Burning brownies suck. All your baking dreams gone in a crispy disaster. However, there is a solution! Using the burnt pieces to make moist and moreish chocolate truffles, using cream cheese and white chocolate. These might even be more impressive than the original brownies…
- Burnt brownies
- Cream cheese icing
- 1 part cream cheese
- 2 parts icing sugar
- splash of milk
- White chocolate
- Fudge pieces
- crumble the brownies in to fine breadcrumbs. You can do this by hand, or quickly blitzing in a food processor – not too much, but enough for large breadcrumbs.
- In a large bowl, gradually add the cream cheese icing, little by little, until the crumbs are sticking together and most of the crumbs are picked up.
- Using your hands, shape the brownie mix in to bitesize balls.
- Place the truffle balls on to a lined tray, and place in the freezer overnight.
- The next day, remove the truffles from the freezer. Melt the white chocolate over a bain marie. Dip or drizzle the melted chocolate over the truffles.
- Place the truffles back on the tray, and decorate as required with fudge pieces or sprinkles.
- Leave the chocolate to set before consuming, and store in a cool dry place.