Want to brighten up your day and add some freshness in your meals? Try this Beetroot and Feta Rice Salad recipe for a light lunch box to take to school, work, or to just have on the go. It is also perfect for a post-workout meal!
Not to forget, beetroots are a great source of fibre, potassium, iron and Vitamin C. They also help improve blood flow, control blood pressure and boost your athletic performance! So do try out this recipe.
- 5 chopped spring onions
- 7 small sweet bite peppers
- 200g feta
- Half a cucumber, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- 2 big cups of white rice
- 3 small packaged cooked beetroots, chopped
- 2 fresh chilis finely chopped.
- Add water to a large saucepan and bring it to a boil. Add the rinsed rice and cook it as per the instructions on the packet.
- While the rice is cooking, chop and prepare the vegetables.
- Once the rice is perfectly cooked, drain the water and transfer into a large mixing bowl. Add the vegetables and crumble the feta into the salad, mixing it well.
- Add salt to season and your Beetroot and Feta Rice Salad is ready to be served. This salad is lovely on its own, but a leafy salad would also be a nice complementary dish .