With summer around the corner, start collecting your favourite recipes like this one to add to your collection!
2 cups uncooked rice of your choice.
2 red onions
1 can of sweetcorn
1 packet of mixed cherry tomatoes
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 large bunch of fresh basil leaves
1 teaspoon of sea salt
1. Boil a kettle and heat up water in a saucepan, adding the rice when ready.
2. Leave the rice to cook and prepare your veg.
3. Chop the onion, cucumber and tomatoes into small, bite-sized pieces.
4. When the rice is ready, drain and set aside to cool.
5. When cool, add the chopped vegetables and rip up the basil and add this to the bowl also. Stir in the salt and olive oil, and the sweetcorn.
6. Mix well and serve chilled. If preferred, you can add extra toppings such as feta, chicken, or pulses!
Have you tried this recipe or have any tips of your own? Comment below to add your thoughts! Don’t forget to tag us in your recreations on Facebook!