This recipe for a hearty and delicious Vegan mushroom risotto is great for dishing up at dinner parties as a crowd pleaser. It makes for a complete meal and when served with a portion of salad or garlic bread, gives a lot of texture. A warm plate of this easy to make risotto is also great for a lazy afternoon in with a good book and a glass of wine.
- 1 Brown Onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp Sunflower Oil
- 150g Baby Button Mushrooms, halved
- 75g Chestnut Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Garlic glove, chopped
- 200g Arborio Risotto Rice
- 2 Vegetable stock cubes
- 1 Sliced Lee
- handful of Spinach
- 50g Grated Parmesan
1. Fry Onion, mushrooms, and garlic in sunflower oil in a large stockpot. As this browns, prepare your stock according to the packet instructions. You will need at least a litre of the stock, but be prepared to make more incase you feel the need at the tasting stage.
2. Once everything has browned add the rice and stir for about 30 seconds, to allow the rice to absorb the oils.
3. Add about 100 ml of stock gradually and while stirring constantly. Once you have used all of your stock, taste the rice to decide if you need more stock. If you do, prepare more and repeat this step. If not, move on to the next step.
4. Once the rice is cooked, stir in the chopped leeks, spinach and parmesan and your Vegan Mushroom Risotto is ready!
5. Serve immediately with salad or garlic bread as desired, or box up and use as a packed lunch.
If you do have to mix it up for your meat loving friends or family, just add roast chicken chunks or bacon pieces to this recipe. But we are sure it won’t come to that!
Want to try something a bit more spicy? Try our Fiery Vegan Rice recipe. If you have any tips of your own, comment below to add your thoughts! Don’t forget to tag us in your recreations on Facebook and Instagram!