These little cupcakes are great for freezing and serving as a hot pudding with ice cream when needed. Sweet and sticky they are great for baking in batch and pulling out the freezer when you need a little pick me up.
Caster sugar 125g
Unsalted Butter 125g
Gluten Free Self Raising Flour 125g
Baking Powder 1tspn
Xanthan Gum 1tspn
Rhubarb Stalks (Chopped) 1 and a half
1. Preheat Oven to 200 Degrees Celcius
2. Cream together butter and sugar until the mix is smooth.
3. Add the eggs and mix until combined but not for too long or the cake will be stodgey. Add the sieved flour, xanthan gum and baking powder. Combine.
4. once the cake batter is of an even consistency fold in the chopped rhubarb. Again, don’t over mix, just make sure the chunks are roughly spread throughout the mix.
5. Spoon the batter in to prepared cases and bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes, allowing to cool afterwards. To test if the cakes are ready pierce with a clean knife and make sure the knife comes out clean, with no wet batter attached.
6. Serve hot with ice cream or custard, or cold in a packed lunch. (If freezing, leave to defrost for 45 mins then blast in the microwave for 30 seconds.)