Whisky & Cream Sauce Recipe
This sauce is the perfect accompaniment to Haggis, Neeps & Tatties but can rarely be bought from the supermarket in a free-from version. So, we have included here a recipe and some tips to tailor it to your needs.
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 finely chopped shallot
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 70ml whisky
- 80ml stock
- 100ml double cream
TOP TIP! You can swap the cream for a dairy free alternative
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan and use to fry the shallots and garlic
2. Fry until they have softened but not quite gone brown.
3. Add 50mls of the whisky and simmer until it is almost evaporated and has been absorbed by the shallots.
4. Add the stock and simmer for 6-8 minutes until reduced.
5. Stir in the cream, simmer for 4 minutes, then add the remaining whisky to taste.
6. Serve with haggis or steak dishes.