This strawberry lemonade is the perfect refreshment for a summer picnic and the syrup can be stored in the fridge for one week with no preservatives or additives.
– one large punnet of strawberries, washed and chopped into small pieces
– One large bottle of natural sparkling water
– 2 large teaspoons stevia
– 3 large teaspoons caster sugar
– decorative flowers for ice cubes
1)Prepare the ice cubes by filling up ice cube preparation holders with flowers or pieces of fruit as well as water. Place in the freezer for a couple of hours.
2)In a large saucepan, bring half a kettle of water to the boil for 2 minutes and pour the strawberries, sugar and stevia in.
3)Lower the heat and simmer for 15 more minutes until most of the water has evaporated and a syrup like consistency is forming.
4) Remove from the heat and sieve out the strawberry chunks, collecting the syrup in a glass or bottle.
5) When the ice cubes are ready, pour them into a glass, add around 50ml of strawberry syrup to the glass and top up the rest with sparkling water.