Whether you call it Mardi Gras, Shrove Tuesday or Pancake Day, if you have to avoid the typical ingredients (eggs, flour and milk) in this tasty treat, you might feel left out.
But don’t fret, at LiberEat we believe everyday can and should be Pancake Day for everyone!
We’ve compiled our favourite gluten and dairy free pancake recipes from the LiberEat App below, so you can enjoy them today or any day with all your favourite toppings!
|Ground flaxseed 1 tbsp|
|Free from flour 125g|
|Dairy Free Milk 125ml|
|Vegetable oil 1 tsp|
|Cider Vinegar 1 tsp|
|Baking Powder 1 tsp|
|Bicarbonate of Soda 1 tsp|
|Ground Cinnamon 1 tsp|
- Mix the flaxseed with 2.5 tbsp of cold water and set aside to thicken.
- Gently melt the coconut oil in a pan.
- Combine the wet ingredients (dairy free milk, cider vinegar, melted coconut oil, and flaxseed mixture) in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, and cinnamon
- Create a well in the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients in to that well. Stir slowly until everything is combined. Transfer the mixture into a jug.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a non-stick frying pan then add some butter to the pan. The batter should sizzle when it hits the pan. Cook for around 2 minutes until bubbles appear on the surface and the pancake is golden underneath. Use a spatula to turn the pancake over and then cook for a further 1.5-2 minutes until the pancake is golden.
- Repeat until all the batter has been used. Add more oil to the pan if needed to prevent sticking, though too much oil can create a sticky pancake. If using a non-stick pan, you may not need to add much oil, if any.
- Cooked pancakes can be kept warm in a clean tea towel until ready to serve.
- Serve with fruit, yogurt or ice cream
|2 Eggs or Egg Substitute|
|Soya milk 200 ml|
|Cinnamon 1 tsp|
|Agave Syrup 1 tbsp|
|Gluten Free Buckwheat Flour 2 cups|
|Stevia 1 tbsp|
|Large Handfuls Blueberries|
- In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients together ensuring it is well combined and there are no dry lumps
- Heat up a frying pan with some coconut oil and then evenly pour in 1/4 of the mixture wile the pan is on a medium heat
- Flip carefully when golden and when cooked on both sides remove onto a plate
- Repeat until all mixture is used and serve immediately
|Coconut Flour 100g|
|Soft Dark Brown Sugar 1tbsp|
|Baking Powder 1 tsp|
|Coconut Oil 2 tbsp|
|Dairy Free Milk 1 cup|
|Ground Cinnamon 1tsp|
- Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl
- Heat some coconut oil in a frying pan and, when hot, add small amounts of the mixture
- Flip the pancakes when golden on one side.
- Serve with fresh fruit
Have you tried them? Tell us what you think. Do you have better pancake recipes you’d like to share? Add them below in the comments or in the LiberEat App, where you can find hundred more recipes to try.