Steak chunks in a juicy tomato sauce served with linguine on a bed of spinach. Perfect for using left over roast beef, or excess steak. This recipe can be made vegan by removing the steak and mozzarella and serving as a tomato & veggie pasta.
Rump Steak 2 steaks
Cherry Tomatoes (halved) handful
Button Mushrooms (chopped/ halved) handful
Small Brown Onion (Sliced) 1
Garlic clove (crushed) 2
Small can of chickpeas (drained) 100 g
tinned tomatoes 1
Tomato Purée 1 tbsp
Linguine (gluten free) 200 g
Henderson’s Relish to taste
Mixed Herbs pinch
Mozzarella Ball (Can use Dairy-Free cheese alternative) 1
1. Prepare pasta according to packet instructions.
2. Using a large, heavy bottomed frying pan, fry the steaks according to taste. After 5 minutes add the onions and mushrooms and brown.
3. After another 5 minutes turn the steaks and add the fresh tomatoes and garlic.
4. Once the steaks are cooked to taste remove and set aside. Add the tinned tomatoes to the pan and continue cooking, mixing with the veg, as well s tomato puree.
5. Slice the steak in to bite-sized chunks. As the sauce thickens, add the chickpeas, Henderson’s relish, and mixed herbs.
6. Once the pasta has cooked, mix with the tomato sauce. Serve on a bed of spinach, with the steak and torn mozzarella on top.