With Valentine’s Day around the corner, you shouldn’t be fretting to make it a special day for your partner. After all, its a day to celebrate the wonderful times you have had together. So, if you are the kind who enjoys an intimate celebration over dinner at home, we have the perfect recipe for a quick and easy three course meal to celebrate your Valentine’s Day.
Good food, good music and quality time with your partner is what it is all about. You can also use the gluten free options if your partner is gluten intolerant. So follow this guide to impress your other half this Valentine’s Day!
Rustic Romantic Bruschetta for starters
Note: Contains gluten if gluten free bread is not utilised. This recipe is dairy free and nut free.
Ciabatta bread 6 slices (gluten free optional)
Olive oil for drizzling
Cracked black pepper
Fresh garlic 2 cloves finely minced
Garlic clove cut into half
Balsamic vinegar for drizzling
Fresh basil handful of leaves torn
Cherry tomatoes 2 cups chopped
- Slice ciabatta bread and heat on a grill for a few minutes on both sides until golden brown and crusty.
- Rub each side of bread with fresh garlic clove.
- In a bowl, combine the chopped tomatoes, diced garlic, salt, pepper and basil, along with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Top the hot bread with tomato mixture and drizzle lightly with balsamic vinegar.
Following on from the light starter filled with flavour, comes an even more delicious dish filled with fresh flavours of the sea for your main course. A mouth-watering dish with the promise of love at first bite. Shake up your pasta choice with a gluten-free alternative to suit you or your partner.
All time favourite Linguine di Mare for the main course
Note: Contains shellfish and crustaceans, dairy, and gluten unless you use gluten free pasta. The recipe is nut free unless packaging states otherwise.
Olive oil 4 tbps
Garlic cloves 3 minced
Red chillies 2 whole, de-seeded and chopped finely
Salt and pepper for seasoning
White Wine 80ml
Juice of half a lemon
Linguine pasta 400g (gluten free if needed)
- Clean the mussels under cold water and remove any unwanted empty shells. Remove the shells and heads of prawns, leaving the tails which give flavour while cooking.
- Boil water in a large pan and add the pasta for cooking.
- Heat up some olive oil in another saucepan and add the garlic, chilli, salt, pepper. Add mussels and wine, cook covered for 3 minutes.
- Add the prawns, butter and lemon juice and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Cook the pasta until al dente. Remove and drain when ready. Pour the pasta into the sauce saucepan. Serve hot with a dash of fresh parsley if desired.
What a better way to round off an impressive dinner than with a warm rich chocolate fondue to share. You can use dairy free alternatives for the chocolate mixture if desired, or try mixing in a little cinnamon into the fondue. Dip in fruits that you enjoy, try grapes and strawberries. Remember, you can never go wrong with some chocolate!
The aptly named Lover’s Chocolate Fondue for desserts
Note: Nut free unless packaging states otherwise.
Marshmallows half a packet
Fresh strawberries half a packet
Fresh cinnamon half a teaspoon
Banana 1 chopped
Dark chocolate 200g
Unsalted butter 40g
Double cream 2 tablespoons
- Wash and prepare all the fruit and chop into small pieces.
- Arrange the fruit onto a small platter along with some skewers.
- Heat up a non-stick saucepan at a low heat and add the butter.
- Add chocolate, cinnamon, milk and cream. You can substitute these for dairy alternatives if needed.
- Allow the chocolate to melt and blend the mixture thoroughly.
- Transfer into a serving bowl and enjoy with the fruit prepared earlier!
Do try these recipes and enjoy a romantic night for 2. If you have any tips of your own, comment below and let us know your thoughts! Don’t forget to tag us in your recreations on Facebook and Instagram. Why not drop a hint and share this with your loved one.
You can also check out our Valentine’s Menu for more options!