A proper egg and cream carbonara is not as hard to make as you think! Easy to whip up and very impressive when you have guests. Serve with garlic bread or a side salad.
- 250g Gluten Free Spaghetti
- 100g Unsmoked bacon lardons
- 100g Mushrooms (Sliced)
- 75g Grated Parmigiano Reggiano Parmesan
- 175ml Double Cream
- 2 eggs
- Spinach handful
- 1 Garlic clove (crushed)
1. Cook Spaghetti according to packet instructions
2. Fry bacon, garlic and mushrooms together until browned. Set aside if pasta is not ready.
3. In a bowl whisk together the cream and eggs. This is just to combine so do not over whisk
4. Add the Parmesan to the cream and mix to form a smooth paste
5. When the pasta is cooked drain, but not completely. You want the pasta to be hot enough to cook the cream and eggs when you mix them together, and not completely dry, so do not spend lots of time on the draining, just get the worst of it out.
6. Add the spinach, mushrooms, garlic and bacon to the pasta and give a quick stir to soften the spinach a little and combine.
7. Introduce the cream/egg mix to the pasta slowly, stirring as you do. You want to evenly coat the pasta in the sauce, and do it slowly enough to ensure all the pasta is coated but quickly enough so that the pasta doesn’t cool down too much. Once you have added all the sauce mix, stir until it is all combined.